Saturday, November 10, 2012

The end of Classical Music in Edmonton?

Hello all, it's been a few months since we've talked - I've really missed you, but I've realized that I have to say good-bye.  Since my last post in June 2012 I had a beautiful baby, started graduate school, and I will soon return to my demanding job so unfortunately I can't continue with Classical Music in Edmonton.

I started this blog because I wanted to find a way to be part of a musical community after moving to Edmonton from Ontario, and to find a new musical outlet since performance anxiety has taken all the fun out of performing.

I've had a fantastic time meeting amazing people and hopefully promoting the great music happening in Edmonton.  We need to celebrate all the wonderful music being made here and the dedicated people who make it happen.

I hope that someone out there will continue to provide a place where Edmontonians can go to find out all that's happening in our classical music community.  I am constantly amazed at the growth and the calibre of music making here, and my hope for the future is to ensure that our new and emerging artists have the opportunity to perform.

Take care everyone, and maybe I will see you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad to hear this, I really appreciated your posts! Thanks for all of your hard work. I will be tuning unto Twitter #yegchoir for my choir news from here on out.

    ReplyDelete